About the Role
- Join inTouch, Australia’s Multicultural Centre against Family Violence
- Lead the community legal team supporting refugee and migrant women
- Competitive salary, additional annual leave benefits and salary packaging
As inTouch’s Principal Lawyer you will lead a small legal team as part of an integrated model of service. Lawyers, a Migration Agent and Case Managers will work collaboratively to provide a holistic service to refugee and migrant women on their journey to safety.
Your role will provide practice management and leadership not only to your team but also to the sector with a focus on developing community relationships and building sector capacity. You will lead by example; supervising, mentoring and supporting your team to provide expert legal advice and collaborate, demonstrated through your own case management work and you commitment to legal education.
Key Selection Criteria
- Unrestricted Legal Practicing Certificate in Victoria and a Principal Practicing Certificate
- Experience working as a senior member of a community legal centre team, managing staff
- Practice experience in family violence and family law and an understanding of current sector reform
- Experience working with clients with diverse backgrounds in a culturally competent manner
- A commitment to the community legal sector demonstrated through community engagement/education
- Sound judgement with the ability to manage time and conflicting priorities
- A collaborator, with the ability to lead your team as part of a wider team and sector strategy
inTouch has a pending renewal of an Equal Opportunity Exemption (A123/2012) and requests applications from women only.
About the Organisation
inTouch, Australia’s Multicultural Centre against Family Violence has provided services, programs and responses to issues of family violence in refugee, migrant and asylum seeker communities for over 30 years. Their vision is for women and children from diverse cultural backgrounds to be safe and free from family violence.
The inTouch Legal Centre was established in 2012 as an in house community legal centre. The Legal Centre was designed to fulfill an unmet client need – the need for a specialised service that provides culturally-appropriate legal support to women within the same organisation in which they have already built a relationship of trust.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Principal Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.