About the Role
- Fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO), flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- CEO is 2017 Telstra Business Woman of the Year
The Immigration Advice and Application Assistance Scheme (IAAAS) is funded by the Department of Home Affairs and provides professional migration advice and Protection visa application assistance to people who have arrived lawfully in Australia and meet specific eligibility criteria. SSI will contract manage the project and oversee a national network of seven experienced qualified legal agencies, in developing a performance framework, facilitating the delivery of services to clients through these agencies and take referrals for the scheme from across Australia.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer in Sydney, the Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the IAAAS program including operations, two direct reports, subcontractors and the relationship with the Department of Home Affairs
- Coordinating and maintaining a national network of agencies that are subcontracted to deliver the immigration services within the program, including ongoing development of policies and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the program
- Monitoring of outcomes against contract KPIs, work plans, registrations of qualified legal personnel engaged by the agencies to deliver immigration services.
- Regular liaison with the Department of Home Affairs to ensure compliance with the contract and determination of services for individual cases, eg. servicing of unaccompanied minors
- Authorisation of invoices and monitoring of payments, reconciling flow of funds between project, subcontractors and the department
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accountability reports for the Department of Home Affairs
- Establish and maintain a quarterly quality assurance program in partnership with the agencies and to the satisfaction of the Department of Home Affairs
- Participate in the roster for responding to phone enquiries/intake and transfer of referrals to subcontracted agencies
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a small national program to ensure positive outcomes for disadvantaged people seeking immigration advice and assistance. Do you have previous program and/or contract management experience, with an understanding of refugee, asylum seeker and migrants’ needs? If so, this could be your next role!
We are looking for someone who is open minded with a commitment to Human Rights and principles of fairness and justice. Your ability to communicate effectively, influence others, and build collaborative relationships with stakeholders will be integral to your success in this role. We need someone with strong skills in quality assurance, compliance and financial management. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: Thursday 26th April 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager – IAAAS via Pro Bono Australia.