About the Role
• Leading community services organisation
• Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
• Join a valued team and make a positive impact on the community
• Part time: 3 days per week or spread over week
• East Melbourne location
Your role will be to engage significant donors in Uniting’s work by matching their passions and generosity with Uniting’s services and programs. You are will be responsible for the implementation of the Major Gift Program strategy, cultivating existing and new relationships with current and prospective major donors, and increasing revenue, by developing individual engagement plans.
About the opportunity
Major responsibilities of the role include:
• Maximising major gift income and donor retention levels by developing and executing tactics to research, cultivate, solicit (written and verbal proposals),
• acknowledge and steward a sustainable portfolio of major gift donors
• Implementing plans for a major donor pipeline using a customer service driven model.
• Managing a plan of engagement activities for major gift prospects e.g. events, field trips
• Developing and managing a highly personalised stewardship and thank you program for major givers
• Maintaining the integrity of information recorded on CRM (database).
• Preparing quarterly forecasts for major giving income and report monthly on performance against targets
The right candidate has a minimum five years fundraising experience with proven success building major gift revenue. With outstanding communications skills and exceptional time management, you effectively manage donor expectations and provide a superior donor experience. Your sound knowledge of fundraising legislation, practices and philosophy ensures you adhere to the necessary rigor required for quality donor database record upkeep and administration. Your professional maturity allows you to know when to ‘make the ask’ to ensure the viability of vital services can continue to support people in our community when they need it most.
Get in touch
Kim Gasperino – Manager, Fundraising
T: 03 9192 8162
As a ‘child safe’ organisation. employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
About the Organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We're there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity or sexual orientation. We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work. We welcome lesbian, gay, trans, gender diverse and intersex (LGBTIQ) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
People & Culture
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Relationship – Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.