About the Role
• Plan and coordinate implementation of a new behavioural research project
• Drive data collection, analysis and reporting for this NHMRC-funded study
• Full time fixed term position for 3.5 years – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Research Officer to join the CBRC. Reporting to the Senior Research Fellow, your role is to:
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of an NHMRC-funded study examining how health warnings and advertisements can correct smokers’ misperceptions about the relative harms of different tobacco products
• Design, undertake and interpret multivariate statistical analyses for the study using established procedures
• Prepare reports and journal papers, and present findings at professional meetings and conferences
• Supervise staff as required
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
• At least a Bachelor of Arts, Behavioural Science or Science (Honours), or an equivalent tertiary degree
• Substantial experience in a research-related environment including experience in managing and coordinating research studies
• Proven experience conducting multivariate statistical analysis using STATA or SPSS, with the ability to correctly interpret research findings
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate research findings and to write peer-reviewed journal publications
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritise and efficiently achieve tasks within agreed timeframes.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 3.5 years provides a salary within range $77,000 – $95,000 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
The Centre’s work program encompasses behavioural research in the areas of tobacco control, skin cancer prevention, obesity prevention, alcohol harm prevention and cancer screening. The Centre also undertakes evaluation of cancer prevention and screening programs and services housed within Cancer Council Victoria, including high profile public communication programs such as Quit, SunSmart and LiveLighter.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Research Officer (BSD.135) via Pro Bono Australia.