About the Role
- Part time (.8) FTE ongoing opportunity based in North Fitzroy (rotating roster includes weekend shifts)
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Be a part of a values based, progressive organization
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
The Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) program is located in Nicholson Street, Fitzroy and is a 10-bed facility with 10 Individual bedrooms. The length of stay is up to 28 days and referrals come from the Area Mental Health Service. PARC is a step up, step down facility that provides psychosocial support at the earlier stages of relapse and to prevent the need for hospitalisation. Clinical intervention is provided to PARC through the Area Mental Health Service. The program is staffed 24/7.
As a Program Worker, you will work within the psychosocial rehabilitation model to support our participants in various practical ways to develop and maintain skills with daily living, access services and encourage social inclusion within the community. You will facilitate and assist individuals to develop skills for independent living as part of their recovery journey. This position will require the employee to sleepover at the facility.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- Qualifications in a Social Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with people with serious mental illness/disorder who may also experience associated risk factors
- Experience working in a residential setting within mental health is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a way that ensures maximum participation of participants
- An ability to establish effective partnerships including liaison, mediation, negotiation and consultation
- A current valid Driver’s License
- A satisfactory Police Records Check and Working With Children Check, prior to commencement (or willing to obtain)
- Be willing to work sleepover shifts and be part of a fortnightly rotating roster
About the Organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Sleepover Program Worker – Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) via Pro Bono Australia.