About the Role
About the role
Reporting to the National Child Safe Lead, the State Child Safe Lead is responsible for promoting child safe best practices across Mission Australia at the state level. This role will be based in Hobart and will require travel across Tasmania and South Australia.
- Leading the organisation-wide implementation of the Mission Australia Child Safe Action plan at the state level and ensuring key outcomes are achieved.
- Delivering training for service delivery staff in accordance with the child safe training strategy, and driving child safe best practices across the state.
- Providing first point of contact for staff queries in relation to child safe obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative, contractual and organisational child safe standards requirements.
- Working collaboratively with the Child Safe Leads based in other states, to drive consistency in practices, and reporting on progress to the National Lead.
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant degree and substantial relevant experience.
- Specialist knowledge gained through experience, education or training.
- Appreciation of the long term goals of the organisation.
- Detailed knowledge of Child Safe Organisation best practice.
- Clear understanding of state and territory child protection legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training programs.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- The ability to work effectively with key stakeholders and achieve outcomes through influence.
- Well-developed communication skills and attention to detail.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres (conditions apply)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
About the Organisation
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Child Safe, Child Friendly Organisation which promotes safe environments where children and young people are respected, valued and empowered. We are committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety and wellbeing for the children and young people who engage with our services.
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We’re generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: State Child Safe Lead – Based in Adelaide or Hobart via Pro Bono Australia.