About the Role
- Full time position
- Werribee Office
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging
The key functions of the Integrated Family Services Team Leader is to ensure the program is coordinated and managed in a manner that adheres to best practice frameworks ensuring the provision of high quality services. The role includes ensuring that funding targets and compliance requirements are met and reporting functions are fulfilled in a timely manner.
The Team Leader will provide leadership, direction, and support to all staff employed by the programs. This will extend to ensuring all staff are provided with appropriate training opportunities to enhance their capacity to provide a quality service.
It is envisaged that this role will work in close and effective collaboration with the Senior Management Team and be prepared to work in line with an integrated model of service delivery.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and a demonstrated understanding and awareness of the specific issues facing Aboriginal children, young people and families.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Experience in leading and supervising team support workers in their service delivery to vulnerable families
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
- Application deadline is Sunday 29 April 2018
- For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Brenda Young on 9287 8800
- For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.