About the Role
• Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
• Lead and develop a growing team of dedicated people in Melbourne and Dandenong
• Office location for this role in Melbourne CBD
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Team Leader to join our growing Learning for Life team. As Team Leader, you will be pivotal to securing this outcome for more young Australians in the Southern Metro Area comprising Melbourne (City of Yarra LGA) and Dandenong.
Reporting to the Regional Programs Manager Victoria and working with dedicated and passionate people, this pivotal role will lead a growing team responsible for the successful implementation of the Learning for Life Program in these communities, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
In this key leadership role, you will:
• Lead and support the development of your team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and development
• Work with your team to develop and maintain strong working relationships with partner schools and other relevant community organisations
• Ensure programs are delivered in accordance with the agreed practice guidelines and delivery plans
• Facilitate conversations between your team members to share best practice and to problem solve any challenges or issues
• Work with your team to develop and maintain strong working relationships with partner schools and other relevant community organisations;
You will be a highly organised individual with a proven history in building and developing teams. You will also have the ability to manage multiple priorities and to see projects through to completion whilst building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
It takes a special person to be a Team leader with The Smith Family. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a high performance team
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven experience in developing, coaching and leading people
• Excellent organisation and administration skills
• Hold a current drivers licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Learning for Life via Pro Bono Australia.