About the Role
- Full time position
- Werribee location
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging
The Aboriginal Children’s Healing Team is the central point for the development across VACCA of an integrated culturally appropriate and trauma informed approach to working with Aboriginal children and families. This approach looks at Australian history and how it has impacted on Aboriginal people. Theories of trauma, neurobiology, attachment and resilience building combine to assist in understanding and responding to Aboriginal children’s trauma.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal children and their families and a demonstrated ability to contribute to Aboriginal children’s emotional, physical, psychological and cultural development.
- Developed understanding of the importance of culture and community connection as a means of addressing childhood trauma.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Family Therapy or a related discipline. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in trauma informed assessment and therapeutic practice with children and young people in out of home care and their families.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organisation that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Brenda Young on 9287 8800. For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please go to our website:www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job go to:
http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code:
4101674. Applications close 29 April 2018
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.