About the Role
- Full time position
- Preston Location
- Remuneration package with salary packaging
The Residential Care Case Worker will engage with the children and young people to develop a nurturing, positive relationship and to assist each child to deal with their trauma based responses to life in a way that promotes healing, emotional growth and development of positive attitudes and life skills
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Qualification: should have a minimum qualification of at least a Diploma level.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal children and their families.
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to Aboriginal children’s emotional, physical, psychological and cultural development including a proven ability to work with Aboriginal children with a range of complex and diverse needs.
- An ability to respond therapeutically to Aboriginal children’s pain-based behaviours indicating an understanding of the impact of trauma and disrupted attachment on children.
- Ability to participate pro-actively and openly in the therapeutic team including the ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, respectful manner
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you!
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker – Residential Care Program via Pro Bono Australia.