About the Role
Position Title: Communications Officer
Classification and Salary: Organiser Level 2 (excludes Organiser Expense Allowance) $79,075 – $93,735 (subject to skills and experience) + 15.4% superannuation
Position Reports to: Director of Campaigns & Communications
Positions reporting to this position are: Nil
Location: Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne
Conditions of employment:
• Excellent conditions of employment including permanent employment (following probation period); flexible working hours and access to 13 accrued days off a year; family friendly conditions including 26 weeks Paid Parental Leave.
• a strong focus on health and safety including offering a range of health and well being initiatives
• a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
• a strong commitment to training and development, including study leave
• salary sacrificing
Overview of position
The CPSU is an active and progressive union representing workers in the Australian Public Service, the ACT and Northern Territory public service, the telecommunications sector, call centres, employment services and broadcasting. We are a national union with members in every state and territory.
We’re looking for a passionate and creative storyteller who will primary be responsible for gathering, curating and producing our members’ stories and turning them into material that will help us grow our union and improve the working lives of our members.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Campaigns and Communications and will be primarily responsible for:
• using graphic design skills to produce flyers, posters and other materials
• crafting stories and messages that help grow the union and win campaigns
• using a range of channels and platforms to help build our community and get our stories out
• Producing content including member/ potential member emails, copy for the website, posters and flyers and social media content
• Working with organising teams to strategise and craft their communications
• managing projects and relationships with commercial providers
• Helping other staff build their skills and confidence in comms
• identifying opportunities to lift the CPSU’s profile and build and engage its audience
Selection Criteria – required skills, knowledge and ability
• Experience in graphic design and use of the Adobe suite
• Experience in a communications role, preferably in a union or non-profit organisation
• An aptitude for storytelling and an understanding of how to craft messages and tailor comms to different audiences
• Experience in developing campaign and comms strategies that persuade and motivate people
• A commitment to making life better for working people
• Experience producing written and visual content for a variety of channels– candidates are encouraged to attach links/ examples of their work
• The ability to embrace and propose new technologies and strategies to promote the CPSU
• Excellent relationship skills and the ability to bring enthusiasm, energy and creativity to a fast-paced environment
Prospective candidates can obtain further information about the role by contacting Susie Byers, Director Campaigns and Communications on (03) 8620 6364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You must address the Selection Criteria and complete the on-line Employment Application Questionnaire to be considered for this position.
Please visit our website at www.cpsu.org.au/about-cpsu/employment to access the Employment Application Questionnaire and submit your application.
(if you experience any issues with the Application Questionnaire then please email email@example.com for assistance)
Please submit your application by COB Monday, 28 May 2018.
The CPSU is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for position. Selection is merit based. Part time employment opportunities may be considered where suitable.
About the Organisation
We’re looking for a comms officer with experience in graphic design. The comms officer will work in the Communications and Campaigns Unit, which is responsible for using all possible tools and techniques to build and activate our community; refining and telling our stories, and developing comms strategies that can win the campaigns that will change our members’ lives for the better.
We’re looking for a passionate and creative storyteller who will primarily be responsible for gathering, curating and producing our members’ stories and turning them into material that will help us grow our union and improve the working lives of our members.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0386206345
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.