About the Role
About The Role
NEDA is currently seeking a part-time (22hr per week) Communications Officer to be based in our office in Canberra. This role is for a period of 12 months and is ongoing, subject to funding.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Officer to join our small team of advocates. This dynamic role would suit a well organised and focused individual who is efficient, has an eye for detail and enjoys managing multiple priorities, utilising sound judgement and initiative.
The ideal candidate will:
– Be dedicated to protecting and advancing the rights of all people with disability from CALD backgrounds; be committed to the promotion of multiculturalism and inclusion
– Possess an ability to drive all media and communications activities of the organisation
– Be able to work independently in a proactive and confident manner with little daily support or direction
The successful applicant will report to NEDA’s Senior Research & Policy Officer and will undertake diverse media and communications activities to meet NEDA’s strategic priorities, and will be responsible for:
– Driving and managing NEDA’s website and social media
– Developing and engaging in meaningful and creative communication campaigns with key stakeholders and the wider disability sector, including the coordination of media releases
– Building audiences and engaging with members online
– Coordinating and disseminating newsletters and other important content
– Undertaking special tasks on an ad hoc basis, as required.
With a capacity to work independently you have experience in a similar communications role. You have a demonstrated ability to use targeted communications to drive stakeholder engagement. Additionally, you possess highly developed interpersonal and communications skills and an absolute attention to detail.
– you will have a lived experience of disability, and/or be from a migrant/refugee background, and/or have professional experience working in a communications role (desirable).
– Possess tertiary qualifications in a relevant disciple (desirable)
– Have experience in visual design and print management (desirable)
– Previous experience working within a NFP or in a similar role (desirable)
About the Organisation
NEDA is a founding member of Disabled People’s Organisations Australia (DPOA)
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.