About the Role
This position has been newly established to develop and implement a strategy to strengthen and expand our existing funding base. The position will be crucial to identifying new opportunities for funding, develop effective funding strategies and build strong and long-lasting relationships with donors. The Development Manager is expected to work in close consultation with PEF’s Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Commitment to PEF’s vision, mission and values
- Commitment to the FIA Code of Ethics and Fundraising Standards
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in fundraising
- Demonstrated track record developing and implementing a fundraising program
- Capacity to build and maintain donor relationships using a range of approaches with targeted individuals, trusts, foundations and other sources of funds
- Capacity to write philanthropic and corporate funding proposals
- Good working knowledge of Australian donor landscape
- Experience in the management of databases
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed work organisation skills, including prioritisation and working to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team with salaried and volunteer staff
- Proven computer literacy (Word, Excel & PowerPoint, databases)
About the Organisation
The Public Education Foundation (PEF) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving equity and excellence in education in Australia. Our mission is twofold: 1. To identify and support potential and excellence in students and educators in the public education system; and 2. To advocate for a high quality, widely respected public education system Since our establishment in 2008, our flagship scholarship program has grown to support over 300 students, teachers and principals per year with an annual scholarship value of over $600,000. We also undertake research and campaigning to highlight issues relating to equity and excellence in public education. www.publiceducationfoundation.org.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0413863068
Applications, in the form of a letter which addresses the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) and a copy of your most recent CV, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Tuesday 29 May 2018. For a confidential discussion about the role please contact David Hetherington on 0413 863 068.
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.