About the Role
• Member of the Executive team
• Located opposite Flinders St Station on the sunny side of the river
• Be part of a powerful movement championing children’s rights & gender equality
• Strong positive culture and flexible work environment
An extraordinary and rare opportunity for a passionate advocate and communicator has arisen with Plan International Australia. Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer and being part of our dynamic and dedicated Executive Team, this role will oversee the Advocacy and Community Engagement (ACE) team.
We need someone who can advocate and drive change that prioritises children and particularly girls, in the political, government and public arena. Someone who can build, implement and lead a strategy that clearly positions Plan International Australia as the recognised ‘go to’ agency on gender transformative approaches and impact for children and young people.
Essential for success in this executive role will be the results you’ve delivered in:
• Developing and managing rights-related advocacy projects and community campaigning
• Strategic planning, communications, reputation management and media relations
• Government, public service and private stakeholder engagement for social change
• Managing a highly successful, creative and innovative team
• Raising money, visibility, influence and support for humanitarian causes
• Leading bold brand transformation
Please refer to the Position Description for our complete selection criteria
About the Organisation
Plan International is a global independent development and humanitarian organisation. As one of the oldest, largest and most experienced organisations in our field we know that there is nowhere in the world where girls are treated as equals. We work alongside children, young people, supporters and partners to tackle root causes of the injustices facing girls and the most marginalised children.
Apply for this Job
Phone : 0396723672
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director Advocacy and Community Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.