About the Role
Reporting directly to the Executive Officer, the Director Client Services is a new role that will be pivotal in ensuring knowmore continues to deliver accessible and high quality services to survivors and successfully transitions to its new operating context.
Working collaboratively with other members of knowmore’s leadership team, the role will have primary operational responsibilities for the development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of high quality and client-centred services that meet the needs of knowmore’s clients. With a focus on national, consistent and coordinated service delivery, the role will ensure that clients and able to access the service and that their needs are identified and responded to effectively.
With direct reports including the managers of each knowmore office and the managers of the support services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander engagement teams, the role will provide leadership, management and guidance to teams providing knowmore’s intake, cultural and counselling support services across its multiple offices.
The role will also make leading contributions to knowmore’s strategic and operational planning; ongoing service improvements; law and policy reform work; partnership management and community engagement activities.
The role can be based in either Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney. With a national focus, regular interstate travel will be required.
Key Selection Criteria
• Strong experience and a proven track record in a similar role providing operational leadership in the delivery of multidisciplinary services across multiple locations to a vulnerable client group
• Awareness of and commitment to trauma-informed practice in service delivery and understanding of the complex trauma caused by child sexual abuse
• Understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and experience in providing culturally safe services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and working effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and services
• Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills (both internal and external), with demonstrated achievements in growing, managing and inspiring internal teams and leading in times of change
• Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the capacity to effectively undertake community engagement and advocacy activities including representing knowmore in public forums and the media
• High level of professionalism and integrity, a collaborative work ethic and demonstrated initiative, flexibility and positive attitude
• A relevant tertiary qualification
About the Organisation
The Royal Commission handed down its final report in December 2017 and knowmore now has an important role in supporting implementation of the Commission’s recommendations. knowmore has secured funding of $37.9 million over the next three years to provide legal support services to survivors relating to their justice and redress options, including under the National Redress Scheme.
Services are provided by knowmore’s team of lawyers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Advisors, social workers, counsellors and operations staff through a national phone line and face-to-face services in key locations, supported by a comprehensive program of outreach and community engagement across Australia. Services are provided from a national network of offices currently located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0282677400
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director of Client Services via Pro Bono Australia.