About the Role
The role involves the provision of an in-home family casework service, working in partnership with families with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity and family resilience. The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children’s safety and well being and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including having a positive engagement with their community.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with relevant experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- The ability to engage children, young people and their families;
- Highly developed assessment and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with families;
- An understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories that underpin casework practice;
- Sound understanding of Child Protection system and child welfare work and ability to liaise and negotiate with DHHS Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : Tara.Newen@anglicarevic.org.au
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.