About the Role
- Be part of an organisation which promotes and delivers the health benefits of humour
- Career developing role in a national fundraising driven organisation
- An integral part of the leadership team, providing strategic recommendations to the CEO
- Career development opportunities for the successful candidate
- Work with creative colleagues who are committed to the cause
- Additional holidays provided and flexible working hours
- Located on Sydney’s leafy north shore, close to train stations
Reporting to the CEO, this role has a focus on process improvement and identifying efficiencies within the department. You will develop strong relationships with inter-state colleagues, client sponsors and key stakeholders. The role is supported by an accounts officer and your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the annual financial and operational budgets with senior managers
- Providing reports around P&L, balance sheets, budget comparisons and cash flow analysis
- Overseeing account reconciliation, including AP and AR, credit control and forecasting
- Manage insurance, audit and compliance requirements for regulatory bodies like the ACNC
Ideally you will have a broad financial background and experience of managing small teams, otherwise you will be a successful finance or business analyst with proven leadership abilities. With a keen eye for detail, you will be able to demonstrate results through forward thinking and new initiatives.
- High level engagement and relationship building skills
- You must have tertiary qualifications and ideally be CA or CPA qualified
- Knowledge of MYOB EXO or Sharepoint preferred
- A natural leader with a keen sense of humour
About the Organisation
The Humour Foundation is a unique organisation that truly believes laughter is the best medicine.
Working closely with medical professionals and engaging 60 professional clowns, the Foundation delivers 1500 ward rounds engaging with sick children, in 26 hospitals across Australia annually.
The Foundation’s work is based on clinical research that shows the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter to health and well-being.
Through their four main programs, Clown Doctors, Elder Clowns, Laughter Boss and Laughter Works, the Foundation reaches over 200,000 vulnerable children and adults, including those living with dementia. They also have an ongoing commitment to further research around the therapeutic benefits of humour.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.