About the Role
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Belrose, on Sydney’s leafy northern beaches
House with No Steps (HWNS) is a leading provider of disability services in Australia, we are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives. Our Organisational Purpose is to help people with a disability live a great life.
As Fundraising Officer, you will be integral to the success of our services by delivering on the Fundraising Team’s Purpose: To inspire and involve Australians to help people with a disability live a great life, not an ordinary one. This role has responsibility for the Community Fundraising, Events and Corporate Volunteering portfolios, and assists the Appeals & Future Planning Manager in driving donations through quarterly fundraising appeals (mainly direct marketing) and generating gifts in Wills.
You’ll recognise the right of people with disabilities to inclusion, participation and self-determination, and your personal values will align with those of House with No Steps (HWNS) and will be demonstrated on a daily basis.
The position reports directly to the Fundraising Manager for Community Fundraising, Events and Corporate Volunteering, and to the Appeals & Future Planning Manager for Appeals and Future Planning.
To be considered for this role, applicants are asked to address the selection criteria listed below in their application letter – resumes only will not be accepted.
• A self-motivated and committed professional, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a genuinely inclusive collaborative approach
• Well-developed people skills, including the ability to work cooperatively with other team members including supported employees
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills including ability to present to, inspire and motivate others
• Excellent organisation, time management and financial skills, and a strong attention to detail
• Confident working across multiple projects with autonomy, reporting and delivering on budget, while also comfortable working to managerial directive
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve organisational outcomes
• Clear understanding of the importance of customer service/ donor stewardship
• Sensitivity to the issues associated with the provision of human services in the non-government/ ‘for purpose’ sector
• Ability to show initiative and achieve objectives
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience working with a CRM/ supporter database (preferably Raiser’s Edge)
• Adherence to HWNS Code of Conduct at all times
• A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience
• Experience in the fundraising industry, including sound knowledge of fundraising practices that maximise results – especially in the areas of community fundraising and direct marketing
• Experience dealing with people with a disability
• Current driver’s license
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Officer – Belrose, NSW via Pro Bono Australia.