About the Role
Not-For-Profit, Sector Leader
Senior Leadership role
Passionate team, Collingwood based
Reporting directly to the dynamic COO and as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the General Manager, Keeping Housing leads the services Launch Housing provide to realise the core strategic goal of keeping people housed.
As an outstanding opportunity for a collaborative and inspiring leader, you will be able to utilise your:
• Extensive senior management experience within the community or public sectors drawing on
your understanding of funding, policy and systems in a not for profit environment
• Ability to provide motivational leadership to 2 direct managers and broader team of 80
EFT’s, whilst working closely with the Senior Leadership team members
• Flexibility and capability to work at both operational and strategic levels in a complex
service delivery environment
• Financial acumen to prepare and manage operational budgets and reporting
• Aptitude to manage services and programs aimed at securing and supporting clients in
permanent housing, at-risk youth programs and supported accommodation Youth Foyers at TAFE
• Capability to provide high level representation of Launch Housing to committees, sector
agencies and Government advisory bodies and be an influential voice on keeping those at
risk of homelessness housed
This significant role will be welcomed by a:
• Natural leader who can build and enable a high performing team, engage and mentor team
• Exceptional communicator, with high level interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong team player, willing to work hard with a commitment to Launch Housing’s mission and
a passion for innovation and continuous improvement
Experience within the housing and homelessness sector is an advantage but not essential.
The environment is fast paced and exciting, demanding and rewarding. Launch Housing are dedicated to their work and actively seek to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
About the Organisation
Launch Housing is an independent Melbourne based community organisation. As Victoria’s strongest advocate for affordable housing and leaders of research into homelessness, Launch Housing strive to effect lasting, positive change in the community. With 400 staff working across 14 locations in Melbourne, the team is passionate and committed to achieving their singular mission: To end homelessness.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager Keeping Housing via Pro Bono Australia.