About the Role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a fantastic opportunity to work full time in a multidisciplinary community mental health team with a recovery focus. The successful applicant will join the welcoming and friendly team at Saltwater Clinic, based in Footscray. We are passionate about providing an accessible high quality service to the diverse community we serve.
• Full time, permanent ongoing position (including an ADO)
• Provide specialist clinical services, referral and advice to support the homeless sector and clients who have a history of homelessness and who appear mentally ill.
• Provide quality mental health and discipline specific, client centred assessment and treatment
• Provide specialist secondary consultantation to the team and wider sector
• Opportunity to work autonomously as part of a supportive team
• An APHRA Registration Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist, or if you are a Social Worker you will have a recognised degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership for the Association of Australian Social Workers. Registered Nurses would also have a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Practice (Mental Health).
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly assess and document a mental state examination and comprehensive risk assessment
• Ability to work autonomously with the support of the team and prioritise varying workloads
• Prior experience in the mental health and homeless sector would be highly regarded
• A good working knowledge of the Victorian Mental Health Act 2014 and relevant legislation
About the Organisation
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9928 7444
Email : Philippa.Harrison@mercy.com.au
Please quote in application: Homeless Outreach Senior Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.