About the Role
This vital client facing role will be the first point of contact for many survivors seeking assistance from knowmore. As such, Intake officers will deliver high-quality telephone and face to face services to provide clients with information about knowmore’s service delivery programs; gather relevant information from clients and work with them to understand their legal issues and rights; and to identify, prioritise and action clients’ legal and support needs through referrals to in-house and external services.
There are multiple roles and can be based in either Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney. With a national focus, regular interstate travel will be required.
Key Selection Criteria
• Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with clients who have been impacted by complex trauma and to provide appropriate, trauma-informed support
• Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities and legal and social consequences of child sexual abuse
• Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and experience in providing culturally safe services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
• Excellent time management and organisational and administrative skills that support the capacity to prioritise and manage a diverse range of client matters and tasks in an effective and timely way
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people both internally and externally
• The ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and respectfully within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve high level operational performance
• An awareness of issues of confidentiality and privacy relating to clients of a legal service and the ability to act professionally and within the boundaries of knowmore’s practice
• A commitment to self-care, resilience and ongoing professional development
• IT proficiency, with proven ability to use Microsoft Office and systems for recording data and reporting
About the Organisation
knowmore was established by the National Association of Community Legal Centres in 2013 as a national, independent community legal service to provide free legal assistance to people engaging with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. From its inception, knowmore has delivered integrated, multi-disciplinary, trauma-informed and culturally safe services to survivors of child sexual abuse across Australia.
The Royal Commission handed down its final report in December 2017 and knowmore now has an important role in supporting implementation of the Commission’s recommendations. knowmore has secured funding of $37.9 million over the next three years to provide legal support services to survivors relating to their justice and redress options, including under the National Redress Scheme.
Services are provided by knowmore’s team of lawyers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Advisors, social workers, counsellors and operations staff through a national phone line and face-to-face services in key locations, supported by a comprehensive program of outreach and community engagement across Australia. Services are provided from a national network of offices currently located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8267 7400
Further Information about knowmore is available at www.knowmore.org.au
Inquiries about the role should be directed to Ainsley Jardine-Wilson, knowmore’s Human Resources Manager, on 02 8267 7400.
Your application must include:
• A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
• A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
• A written response outlining your responses to the key selection criteria (maximum of four pages)
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 28 May 2018.
Please quote in application: Intake Officer via Pro Bono Australia.