About the Role
Help shape TEAR’s community engagement work as we seek to build a coordinated movement of Christians seeking a more just and compassionate world for all. This newly created role is an exciting mix of community organising, supporter mobilisation and project management. You will be working alongside a committed team to connect with and empower Christians in Australia to engage in prayer, giving, advocacy, living justly, and/or learning.
Is this you?
- You love the church and social justice; your goal is to make sure that every Christian in Australia is challenged and empowered to make biblically-shaped responses to poverty and injustice.
- You’re a change maker; you can empower others on a massive and strategic scale to ignite volunteer action on social justice issues.
- You pride yourself on your excellent negotiation and relationship building skills, you value others and work collaboratively to balance campaign goals with the limitations of technology.
- You love working with people and enjoy getting out and about, networking with a variety of key stake holders.
- You know the difference between mobilising and organising and can develop contextualised strategies that best empower people for action.
- You are a digital native; you are able to utilise a broad range of digital tools to get the job done.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You’re used to managing multiple priorities, whist having the utmost care towards both large and small details from running a training event, telling a story, writing copy for an electronic direct mail or taking a volunteer for a coffee. Making sure things get done is your forte.
About the Organisation
TEAR is a Christian development, relief and advocacy organisation responding to global poverty and injustice. We work in partnership with our supporters toward a just and compassionate world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve their God-given potential. To work at TEAR is to live out your vocation; a space where your faith, passion for justice and skills intersect. TEAR offers generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and will challenge you on your faith and justice journey.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9264 7000
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Lead Community Organiser – Melbourne via Pro Bono Australia.