About the Role
IS THIS YOU?
An exciting part-time (0.8 FTE) opportunity exists for a skilled relationship manager who is passionate about enabling young people to thrive, to join the Reach team in our Collingwood office.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced and naturally engaging professional who will embrace Reach’s essence and love promoting Reach’s high-quality workshops to schools throughout Victoria, run by Reach’s crew. You will apply your intelligence to understanding the most effective way to promote Reach’s outstanding workshops to key stakeholders in schools and other education institutions. You are highly organised and handle bookings and the associated administration with ease and accuracy. Your constructive approach, great communication and team skills will make you a valuable member of the Programs and broader Reach teams.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves, connect with others and be their best selves. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE THE PROGRAMS TEAM?
The Programs team is responsible for the delivery of all Reach workshops with young people. Working closely with the Learning & Development and Wellbeing teams, the Programs team is part of the engine that drives and brings to life the Reach philosophy, engaging our stakeholders and delivering exceptional programs to young people.
See the attached position description for full details that need to be addressed in your application. Some of the key selection criteria for this role include:
- Preferred: Relevant tertiary qualification in Education, Program Management, Community Development, Sales & Promotion, Relationship Management, Business or Administration, or equivalent professional experience, preferably in a non-profit or community setting.
- Relationship building, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated experience in promotion, sales and booking procedures.
- Exceptional administration and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, initiative and the ability to successfully manage competing interests to meet deadlines and achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining meaningful professional relationships with young people.
- Good computer literacy and prior experience using a range of software with sound ability to work with database systems and Excel spreadsheets.
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, and a National Criminal History Check.
Role starting as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
Apply for this Job
Our application process has 2 parts. BOTH must be provided if you want your application to be considered.
PART 1 (screening)
Provide answers to the following questions in a separate Word document with your name included:
- Describe a time when you’ve gone on the Hero’s Journey in your own life.
- What are the critical aspects of effectively engaging someone and promoting something over the phone?
- Why Reach?
- Why are you looking to change roles at this point in your career?
- What are your salary expectations and notice period (if applicable)?
PART 2 (CV and key selection criteria)
Provide your CV and a cover letter explicitly addressing all Key Selection Criteria in the detailed PD (Qualifications/Experience; Skills; Values/Attributes/Attitude).
Email all documents to email@example.com, using the subject line: " Coordinator/Manager School Engagement & Bookings VIC application – YOUR NAME".
Questions can be directed to Megan Nagy, Team Manager, VIC Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please quote in application: Coordinator/Manager, School Engagement & Bookings VIC via Pro Bono Australia.