About the Role
Musica Viva is seeking an experienced and talented arts marketing professional to join the Sales and Marketing team.
This role is responsible for planning and implementing effective marketing strategies aimed at maximising ticket sales and subscriptions for Musica Viva’s Concerts program, including International Concert Season (national concert tours), Coffee Concerts (Sydney and Melbourne), and the biennial Musica Viva Festival (Sydney).
A typical day includes any of the following responsibilities:
– Under the guidance of the Senior Marketing Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing, plan and implement effective single ticket marketing campaigns, and associated advertising, direct marketing, print collateral and digital and online promotion.
– Project management and execution of the annual subscription campaign and the biennial Musica Viva Festival marketing campaign, including brochure production and mailing, digital and print promotion, negotiation of associated music licensing for CDs and digital downloads, and execution of acquisition and retention strategies.
– Work with agency suppliers and printers to ensure the most cost-effective and timely outcomes for marketing campaigns.
– Contribute to audience development strategies in conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager.
– Develop post-campaign reports and analyse marketing campaign strategies and provide recommendations to achieve budgeted income levels.
– Manage and build relationships with concert venues and arts industry stakeholders ensuring Musica Viva concerts are promoted effectively and relationships are leveraged to the full.
– Under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Manager, manage budgets for single ticket and subscription campaign activity.
– Assist in keeping abreast of new marketing developments and programs implemented by other organisations and industries, and undertake competitive analysis where relevant.
– Under the guidance of the Database Marketing Manager and Patron Services Manager (Box Office), leverage the Tessitura CRM and box office system to gain customer insights, design direct marketing campaigns and inform marketing campaigns more broadly.
– In conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing, manage market research activity including post-concert audience surveys.
– Management of the Marketing Coordinator and any intern staff as appropriate.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in marketing, preferably in the arts or entertainment industries and some knowledge of classical music and desire to work in the arts industry
• Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or other related discipline or comparable work experience.
• Experience in direct marketing, including briefing and overseeing creative development, strategy and post-campaign analysis.
• Financial and analytical skills to effectively manage budgets and measure campaign success.
• Highly motived, energetic and enthusiastic professional
• Ability to collaborate, work in a team and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective negotiation skills.
• Eye for detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency.
About the Organisation
Musica Viva is the largest presenter of chamber music in the world, a truly national company with offices in every Australian state and territory, reaching approximately 360,000 people directly every year.
Our story began in 1945 as a chamber music organisation focused on just one ensemble. Over the years we have evolved to embrace ensemble music of all styles and genres, presenting leading Australian and international artists to concert audiences and school students across the country.
Today, our activities embrace digital technologies to reach an even wider audience, and we are at the forefront of artist development – inspiring musicians and audiences alike in a shared passion for ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0477764765
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing Executive via Pro Bono Australia.