About the Role
• Excellent leadership opportunity with a leading national organisation
• Great opportunity to make a difference in the broader community
• Excellent remuneration circa $100,000-$120,000 PLUS super PLUS salary packaging options
• Full-time position for up to 2 years
• Location Canberra, ACT
Reporting to the CEO, this senior position is responsible for leading PCA’s engagement with the public and health sector by providing oversight of PCA’s internal and external communication strategies and resources. Responsibilities will include managing all aspects of media liaison, national communications campaigns, website and social media, publishing, brand governance, member organisation relations and stakeholder events to ensure they are effective, sustainable and support PCA’s strategic direction.
The position also has a key leadership role in assisting the CEO in carrying out the functions of the organisation to meet community expectations and facilitating the implementation and achievement of the goals and objectives outlined in PCA’s Strategic and Business Plans.
Ideally, we are seeking a person with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Formal qualifications in marketing, communications, or public relations and/or substantial related knowledge and experience;
• Experience and ability to successfully lead, manage and execute corporate communication and marketing plans within budgets in accordance with the organisation’s strategic goals and objectives;
• Experience in preparing and presenting high quality information to different audiences, using different forms of media;
• Demonstrated liaison and negotiation skills of the highest order;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an outgoing and friendly personality;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others;
• Excellent communication skills, including written, graphic design, verbal and listening;
• Highly organised with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines according to agreed budget and timeframes;
• Proven ability to maintain a voice across publications;
• Proficient with MS office suite and experience with desktop publishing/page layout and photo editing software highly desirable;
• Demonstrated experience in engagement with the Australian media;
• Fluent in online marketing and social media.
• Knowledge and understanding of policies and issues relevant to palliative care reforms in Australia and experience working in a small team environment with a member based organisation is highly desirable.
You’ll be joining a small team so will be willing to pitch in to ensure the job gets done. You will thrive with challenges and be excited about the opportunity to manage our communications, engagement and media function.
Applications close 5:00 pm, 18 May 2018.
About the Organisation
Formed in 1991 as the Australian Association for Hospice and Palliative Care Inc. the organisation has grown to a full-scale national network with member organisations in each state and territory.
The positive, innovative, close-knit team at PCA works tirelessly to achieve optimal outcomes for every individual and ensure the highest quality of knowledge and care is provided to the community.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (02) 6232 0700
Email : Liz@palliativecare.org.au
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Manager, Communications, Engagement and Media via Pro Bono Australia.