About the Role
ABOUT ABILITY LINKS
Ability Links NSW supports people with disability, their families and carers to live the life they want as valued and equal members of their community. By using a flexible, creative and person-centred approach, ALNSW taps into people’s unique potential and helps to achieve their goals while promoting genuine inclusion within communities to drive real change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership by fostering a supportive and professional team environment
- Manage all operational aspects of the SSI Ability Links Project, to deliver an effective service that provides optimal outcomes for Ability Links participants
- Monitor the overall budget performance of Ability Links and advise the COO on monthly expenditure reviews, cost controls and other budget measures
- Provide leadership and management support to Direct Reports including direction, advice, coaching, mentoring, motivation, and individual performance monitoring and development
- Manage the operational relationship with SSI Ability Links Partner organisations, working collaboratively with Partners on design, practice issues, reporting and problem solving
- Provide management support to SSI Ability Links staff/personnel, to ensure that high quality service and consistent practice is providing opportunities for people with a disability and their families/carers
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant senior operational experience in social or community services sector
- Demonstrated leadership and people management capabilities with experience in human and community services sector
- Commitment to a collaborative approach and demonstrated success in managing and strengthening relationships
- Clear and practical understanding of a person-centered approach to service provision, social inclusion and contemporary disability policy and directions
- Lived experience or detailed awareness of the impact of disability upon individuals, families, carers and the community
- A commitment to community development and enabling approaches to human services delivery
- Demonstrated ability to ensure cultural consideration of the needs of people and families from CALD communities in service access and delivery
- A valid NSW drivers licence and the capacity to travel regularly across the project locations to undertake the role
- Experience in not for profit or disability sector highly desirable
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: 9th May 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager – Ability Links via Pro Bono Australia.