About the role
This is an opportunity to join a growing fundraising team, and to develop and manage a NEW Major Gifts Program. The purpose of the role will be to maximise income from current and potential major donors to support The Carmelites Vision and Mission. This role offers excellent development opportunities for the right person.
- Identify and research current and prospective major donors from the database and increase their giving potential.
- Create and implement a pipeline that manages a long term multi-level Major Gifts Program to steward major donor prospects and increase donor engagement, involvement and gift giving.
- Research, identify and cultivate prospects outside the database, who may be affiliated with other Carmelite entities, be empathetic to our work or by seeking introductions and referrals.
- Work closely with internal staff and leadership to understand project needs and develop content for cases for support documents tailored for individual major donors.
- Demonstrated track record in major gift fundraising or sales related role.
- Demonstrated ability in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in developing plans, business cases and cases for support.
- Demonstrated success in achieving income growth targets in set timeframes.
- A strong understanding of Philanthropy and what motivates major donors and using emotional intelligence in dealing with prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and prioritise, including the ability to meet accountability and reporting requirements.
About the organisation
The Carmelites of Australia and Timor-Leste are a faith based charity with outreach programs in Australia and Timor-Leste. We offer spiritual and practical support working at grass roots level with people facing social, economic and life challenges helping them to transform their lives.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Officer - Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.