About the Role
- Status: Full Time
- Salary: $70,000 -$80,000
- Location: Preston
The Project Officer will undertake a diverse range of project work to enhance service practice and support the organisation to develop innovative, culturally responsive programs and policy to meet the needs of vulnerable Aboriginal children and families.
For larger or more complex projects the Project Officer will work with a Senior Project Officer in order to both support and learn the broader approaches and engagement strategies required
This role will be responsible for:
- Prepare written material such as policies, submissions, project plans, reports and other documentation as required.
- Develop, implement and manage projects to enhance the capacity of the organisation to
- deliver quality, culturally responsive programs.
- Analyse and review data to inform decision-making and program and organisational decisions.
- Develop program resources such as program manuals, practice and data collection tools to support client services to deliver programs.
- Review and evaluate client services projects and program.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of Aboriginal cultures and values, and an ability to work effectively within an Aboriginal organization.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of the importance of data for program implementation.
- Understanding of the child and family services sector and key issues relating to Aboriginal children and families.
- Proven experience in service planning, including monitoring, analysing data and the evaluation of programs.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly overrepresented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is Sunday 20 May 2018
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA and copy of the position description, please contact Bavi Rai, Recruitment Advisor at 03 9287 8835
For other job opportunities please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Youth Justice Program via Pro Bono Australia.