About the Role
- Full time + ADO or 0.8-1 EFT negotiable
- 12 month contact
- Based in Collingwood
- Not for Profit “Salary Sacrificing” benefits which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
Wouldn’t it be great to work for an organisation that’s seeing a major change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS?
Taking your career on a journey with scope plus working proactively with us, to achieve our mission.
Your new role:
The NDIS Support Coordinator role was recently designed to provide coordination of supports to NDIS eligible participants. This position is to support the organisation in the areas of NDIS transition, business growth, service development and provision with a focus on providing positive experiences for NDIS participants with cohealth.
A large part of the role will consist of coordinating access to services identified in participant’s NDIS funded packages (80-90% is direct service delivery). As well as supporting participants to strengthen their abilities to connect with relevant supports, to develop and maintain support relationships and to increase their capacity to independently navigate through the challenges involved in coordinating their support requirements. Building on your local knowledge of the available services, seeking to encourage a person centred, strengths based and/or recovery orientated approach by these services.
Within the role, your position responsibilities will include:
- Engage NDIS participants to deliver tailored supports based on person centred plans, using a strengths based, trauma informed approach;
- maintain rapport and develop high quality professional relationships with participants, carers, family and friends involving them in the implementation of individual packages and where appropriate, advocate for the participants as needed or requested;
- Establish and maintain sustainable service pathways, partnerships and support networks to meet participant needs, engage informal and formal support networks, resolve points of conflict or crisis and develop participants capacity and resilience within their own network and community;
- Proactively take part in participant review practices and coordinate a range of supports including informal, mainstream, funded providers and multidisciplinary services in order to deliver holistic outcomes for participants, carers and families;
- Maintain planning and reporting documents in line with standard organisational policies and procedures supporting the development of a new service; and
- Represent and promote cohealth and the NDIS program on relevant committees, advisory groups and other events as required.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification or cert IV in a relevant field (Community Services, Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, etc), with a minimum of 3 years’ related experience;
- Clear Communication skills, both verbal and written as well as a high level of administrative, organisational and time management skills;
- An understanding of the full range of issues experienced by people living with a serious mental illness, complex needs and/or disability;
- A commitment to offering high quality responsive support to participants, to be respectful and empathetic, as well as being able to set clear approaches and limits, informed by appropriate evidence based frameworks;
- While not essential, experience working within the NDIS system will be looked upon favourably; and
- Hold a current Victorian driver’s licence.
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference and see yourself grow professionally.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator, NDIS via Pro Bono Australia.