About the Role
- Full-Time fixed term role available until 30 June 2019 based in Launceston
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Be a part of a values based, progressive organization
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
About this opportunity
The Partners in Recovery (PIR) Program provides service coordination to a target group of people who live in Northern Tasmania and experience serious mental illness; have complex needs and require support from multiple services.
The role of Support Coordinator is an opportunity to support the recovery of people living with a mental illness by assisting them to build a strong network of natural, community and service supports. The primary focus of this position will be identifying participants who will be eligible to transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and helping them access the NDIS and its services to provide a more well-rounded support network.
Support Facilitators are given a high level of autonomy within a supportive team. Significant opportunities for training, professional development, networking and career progress are available.
What do you need?
- A qualification (minimum Certificate 4) in Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nursing, Psychology or other health related field
- Experience in the establishment and maintenance of effective multidisciplinary care teams
- Ability to provide culturally competent services appropriate to those from diverse backgrounds, including people from CALD and Indigenous backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel including Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
Wellways Partners in Recovery actively encourages those with a lived experience of mental illness and recovery (as a consumer or carer) to apply for this position.
About the Organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator – Partners in Recovery via Pro Bono Australia.