About the Role
The Volunteer Program Business Partner will provide expert guidance and advice to SSI leaders in their engagement of volunteers, students and interns. This role will work to match applicants’ skills, experiences and qualifications to opportunities that are designed to effectively support our clients and participants in reaching their potential. The Volunteer Program Business Partner will also provide support to active volunteers, students and interns throughout their engagement with SSI.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Work alongside SSI leaders to develop program enhancing and appropriately structured opportunities for volunteer, student and intern engagement
- Match community members’ skills, experiences and qualifications with appropriate opportunities; including the management of application and on boarding processes
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community groups, tertiary institutions and other community organisations
- Support the coordination and delivery of SSI’s volunteer, student and intern training and development program
- Provide strategic volunteer, student and intern recruitment support for SSI programs
- Manage volunteer, student and intern information in alignment with organisational, legislative and contractual requirements and needs
- Relevant tertiary qualification or industry experience
- Extensive experience managing high volume volunteer, student placement and intern recruitment and engagement
- Managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Experience managing volunteer information management systems / or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on continuous quality improvement
- Ability to manage time to meet competing demands
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: Friday 18 May 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Program Business Partner via Pro Bono Australia.