About the Role
Position: Advancement Services Officer
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Hours: Full time role, with some after-hours and weekend work required
Date: June 2018
Job Purpose: As part of the Advancement Team, provide logistical and administrative support for the College’s friend-raising and fundraising activities in order to build and sustain enduring positive College community relations
• Manage and maintain excellent relevant and accurate alumni and donor records on the College’s database, Synergetic
• Maintain and update database from return to sender mail
• Update database following events to capture new community data
• Manage valedict data
• Prepare relevant alumni and donor reports using the College’s database to support Advancement strategies
• Within the College’s Privacy and Research policies, research major gift prospects (individuals, families and organisations), prepare profile reports and file or track appropriately
• Work, as appropriate, with the Director of Advancement, staff, Council, St Andrew’s College Alumni Society and volunteers in supporting the College’s friend-raising programs and activities
• Work with the Director of Advancement to plan and coordinate the Annual Giving program, drafting collateral and coordinating mail outs
• Manage all donations to the College including receipting, thanking and following up donors, maintain donor records including pledge reminders, and donor and prospect files
• In consultation with Director of Advancement, organise a range of stewardship events:
• The Annual Founders’ & Benefactors’ Service/Dinner
• Bequest Club meetings & function/s
• Individual donor and student meetings
• Organise a range of stewardship activities to ensure existing donors are well-stewarded, for example, corresponding with the donors of named scholarships regarding award recipients and information on their funds, and liaising with students regarding their scholarship thank you letters, organizing meet & greets with benefactors and their scholarships recipients
• Coordinating with the Principal’s Office to deliver the Christmas card list & signing
• Coordinate the updating of the Honour Boards via levels of giving lists
Alumni and Community
• Work, as appropriate, with the Director of Advancement and Advancement staff to support the College’s friend-raising programs and activities
• Maintain all Advancement stewardship events in the College calendar & database
• Collecting and reporting on alumni news, activities, honours and awards, and achievements
• Provide logistical and administrative support for alumni and community events
• Act as a point of contact for and about St Andrew’s alumni & build with alumni a keen interest in, and desire to support, the College and its objectives
• Prepare briefing notes on people attending functions
• Provide administrative support to the Director of Advancement • Assist with the preparation of Board Papers and reports
• Event administration including managing RSVPs, database event & community maintenance
• Administrative and other duties as required including production of nametags, physical mail outs, letter writing, invitation creation or signage for events.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Relevant university degree or extensive relevant experience and applicable qualifications
• Excellent inter personal, oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ease and empathy with a diverse range of stakeholders, both within the organisation and externally (particularly older individuals)
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with general direction and broad supervision, as well as the ability to work closely with a small team to achieve results
• Discretion and reliability for confidentiality in the conduct of alumni/community business
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Very good event administration skills
• Excellent attention to detail, particularly in relation to the production of print ready material, research and document management
• High level of technical competence in alumni/community databases. Experience in the use of Synergetic, MS Query and Crystal Reports is highly desirable
• Excellent computer literacy skills, with solid experience in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, and with email and internet platforms
• Experience in fundraising/ development, and familiarity with the tertiary educational environment would be highly regarded
Other job-related information
• A current full unrestricted work permit / visa for Australia is required.
• Some after-hours work is required, especially in relation to attending after hours alumni and donor events
About the Organisation
St Andrew’s College Advancement Office:
The Director of Advancement is responsible to the Principal for the College’s alumni relations, fundraising and communication programs. She works with the Principal, Council, Management Committee, St Andrew’s College Foundation and St Andrew’s College Alumni Society to define and achieve the College’s strategic vision and priorities.
The Advancement Assistant works closely on a day-to-day basis with the Director of Advancement, Advancement Officer and Marketing and Communications Officer.
St Andrew’s College is a co-residential college within the University of Sydney with a population of over 330 male and female undergraduates, resident Fellows and graduate residents.
St Andrew’s enables students to get the most out of a University education – a combination of intellectual independence, academic support through mentors and tutorials, social development through involvement in the Students’ Club, participation in a wide range of sporting, philanthropic and cultural activities and the formation of life-long friendships.
More information about St Andrew’s College is available on our website: www.standrewscollege.edu.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0295657303
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Advancement Services Officer via Pro Bono Australia.