About the Role
12 MONTH FULL-TIME PARENTAL LEAVE CONTRACT (5 DAYS PER WEEK)
The Case Worker will work with the Homeless Early Intervention team to provide services that support people who are at risk of homelessness to remain safely in their existing housing or secure alternative accommodation. The program also supports a small number of people who are homeless and in crisis and through a rapid re-housing approach.
Salary will be in accordance with SCHADS Award Level 4 and in accordance with applicant’s skills, knowledge and experience. There is generous salary packaging as well as 6 weekly external team clinical supervision, training budget and EAP provision is available for this role.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous case management experience
- Demonstrated high levels of motivation and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues that lead to homelessness and previous experience or ability to navigate and facilitate affordable housing option in Sydney for clients
- Direct experience and demonstrated skill in working with clients facing a range of issues and significant experience working with at least three of the following client groups:
– People experiencing homelessness, or at imminent risk of homelessness
– Addictions, particularly alcohol, drug and gambling addiction or misuse
– People experiencing chronic and/or acute mental health
– At risk and vulnerable young people
– At risk and vulnerable single men and single fathers
- Strong computer literacy skills, including use of Microsoft Office Business Suite
- Ability to work after hours on occasions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understand the importance of WHS
- Current driver’s license
- Experience in delivering high quality support to the following client groups; single men, single women, families, children, young people and the vulnerable
- Experience working in a homelessness early intervention project and/or experience working with clients in a rapid rehousing project
- Previous experience working in private real estate or for a social housing provider
- Bilingual/community language, preferably Mandarin
For further information, please contact:
Kim Cooper on 9334 0111 or email@example.com.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Criminal Record and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About the Organisation
The Northern Centre (TNC) is a dynamic and growing organisation that provides early intervention and prevention services to the community of families and individuals specifically in the areas of family and parenting support, homelessness and domestic violence. TNC provides support in the form of case work, counselling, advice, referrals, advocacy and group work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0293340111
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9.00am on Monday 25 June 2018
Applicants should send their resume with a covering letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria to email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Homelessness Early Intervention Service via Pro Bono Australia.