About the Role
The Coordinator, People and Culture holds a key position which is responsible, using technical and professional expertise, for a broad range of people and culture policies, programs and practices, with a major focus on attraction and retention, on-boarding, as well as learning and development.
Reporting to the corporate services manager, the successful candidate will find a supportive environment across the organisation and on all levels. We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation relating to employment, work, health and safety and industrial relations.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and dedicated professional who can demonstrate a high level of organisational and time management skills, who understands and embraces the significant sector reforms that are underway and who supports and is committed to the objectives of the United Nation Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability.
– professional qualifications in an appropriate HR related discipline or have at least twelve months experience in a generalist HR position;
– excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening, presentation and negotiation) and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people;
– an ability to deliver results to agreed timetables;
– flexible attitude to working hours;
– familiarity with a range of computer applications;
– strong and versatile problem solving abilities;
– proven ability to effectively manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
– hold a strong commitment to enhancing the lives of people with disabilities and their families;
– willingness to undertake continuing professional development, as appropriate, and
– respect and value the inherent worth of Participate Australia’s participants and their families, as well as employees and volunteers, based upon the principles of trust, fairness, equality and ethics.
– current NSW driver’s license;
– understanding of the issues facing the disability sector.
A generous salary packaging option can be offer as a part of the total remuneration.
About the Organisation
Participate Australia has been supporting people with disabilities since 1983, previously as Family Resource and Network Support Incorporated (FRANS). In March 2017 our organisation undertook a transfer to a company limited by guarantee under the new name, Participate Australia.
We believe that ‘participation’ is fundamental to a contemporary discourse about disability. It appears 26 times in one way or another in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which seeks to achieve full participation in society of people living with disability.
We are committed to playing our part in supporting people with disabilities to achieve this goal.
Participate Australia makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities by respecting their dignity, autonomy, freedom of choice and independence, and by supporting the achievement of their aspirations.
We strive for a community that respects human dignity and freedom and the personal identities of all people, is non-discriminatory and affirms equality while valuing difference, and sustains full and effective participation and inclusion by ensuring equal opportunity and accessibility.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0297975304
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator, People and Culture via Pro Bono Australia.