About the Role
GetUp is looking for a Deputy National Director to join our Executive team.
This is a full time position based in Sydney or Melbourne. At GetUp, we are committed to making roles flexible. We encourage you to flag any preferences relating to flexible, part-time, or job share arrangements in your application.
Who is the Executive Team
The Executive Team is a team of senior directors from across the performance, engagement and impact divisions who report directly into the National Director (ND). The Executive Team’s purpose is three-fold:
- To monitor progress and to assist the National Director to make decisions related to overarching political strategy, 2020 Vision, other high level strategy, and OKRs;
- To monitor progress and to assist the National Director to make decisions related to organisational resources;
- To consider longer term business development ideas and proposals and related work.
The Deputy National Director will participate in executive decision-making, bringing the team in on major business decisions. They will also work regularly with the GetUp Board of Directors.
GetUp’s Deputy National Director will work with our brilliant and committed Executive Team to:
- Support the ND in developing and executing GetUp’s political, campaigning and business strategy to achieve our 2020 vision objectives;
- Manage members of GetUp’s Executive Team and other senior staff – a high-performance cohort of Australia’s best strategists, fundraisers and digital campaigners;
- Identify organisational strengths and future challenges, driving early innovation to ensure that GetUp stays ahead of the curve;
- Reinforce GetUp’s innovative, fail-fast culture, ensuring our high risk appetite is matched with appropriate controls, checks and balances;
- Be an active, well-informed public spokesperson for GetUp, representing the organisation publically, to decision makers and in the broader movement;
- Work with the GetUp Board of Directors on high-level questions relating to organisational direction, vision and sustainability;
- Work with the Chief of Staff to ensure smooth and successful operations;
- Work with the Philanthropy Director to identify and cultivate relationships with major donors;
- Work with the General Counsel to ensure the organisation is conducting itself with integrity, managing risk appropriately and complies with all laws and regulations.
You will be someone who is:
- Passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a wide range of progressive issues;
- Talented business strategist with experience in resourceful business development and innovation;
- Strong track record as a trusted pair of hands with complex financial, human resources and operational matters;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a proven record of taking calculated risks that create value;
- Calm and resourceful prioritiser who thrives in a fast-paced work environment;
- ‘Level 5’ leader who can sustainably manage a high-performance team to success.
Bonus points for:
- Demonstrated ability to ‘think like an ND’;
- Number of years served as an Executive of a like-organisation;
- Track record of innovation in digital campaign tactics and tools;
- Sophisticated knowledge of the nonprofit industry and global digital campaigning trends.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
About the Organisation
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Together, we do whatever it takes to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a 13 year history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
GetUp is a fast paced, dynamic, highly rewarding workplace and is looking for an exceptionally driven, talented and politically engaged individual with a proven track record of effective digital campaign leadership to join the Executive.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Deputy National Director via Pro Bono Australia.