About the Role
• Strategic Leadership Role
• International Aid and Development Agency
• Drive Change and Innovation
We are currently seeking an experienced social justice advocate and communications specialist to lead Caritas Australia’s Advocacy and Communications function. This is a 12 month role with an immediate start.
In this important role you will:
• Lead Caritas Australia’s Advocacy and Communications function and our social justice campaigns
• Manage external messaging, media engagement, digital and web site content.
• Ensure the voices of those most marginalized shape our advocacy and influence decision makers
• Enhance Caritas Australia’s profile and community awareness and impact
As an experienced senior manager you will have:
• Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills, including the capacity to work effectively within the Catholic Church network, government, coalition and other NGO groups
• Demonstrated capacity to develop, implement and evaluate advocacy programs
• Proven skills in engaging effectively with Church leaders, politicians and media outlets
About the Organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0434142069
Email : email@example.com
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/about/jobs/positions-vacant and view the full Position Description. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 23 July 2018. Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a Cover Letter, your CV and responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description. For further information please contact Paul O’Callaghan on 0434 142 069. Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a relevant Criminal Record Check. Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Please quote in application: Director of Advocacy & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.