About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Fundraising is responsible for leading and developing all fundraising strategies and policies within Singapore to maximise donor outreach and support by driving awareness of conservation issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Generate income under clear KPIs by developing and continuously adapting the fundraising strategy for WWF Singapore.
• Develop high-impact and innovative donor acquisition campaigns and recruitment drives to drive growth.
• Manage the largest in-house face-to-face operations in the global WWF network –currently a team of 70 in-house face to face and telemarketing staff as of FY18 – and ensure this program remains viable and effective in a challenging market like Singapore where fundraising expense is regulated.
• Explore and execute diverse fundraising channels and streams for new donor acquisition.
• Establish and implement tracking procedures for each fundraising program/channel and ensure that fundraising targets are met.
• Provide opportunities and recommend innovative use of digital / new media activities for donor acquisition to ensure diversification targets are met.
• Responsible for donor retention and ensuring donor attrition rate of below 30%.
• Manage relationships with individual donors, including a donor retention programme to maintain donor loyalty and conversion.
• Maintain a CRM system for donor database for WWF Singapore and update individual donor information as needed.
• Develop new and creative corporate products and marketing strategies to engage corporate partnerships for fundraising and donor acquisition purposes.
• Manage our philanthropy team and ensure a solid pipeline of donors from individual giving program into the major gifts program, including bequests.
• Provide oversight for the major donor, corporate, digital and face to face regional roles within the Singapore team.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
• At least eight years’ experience in sales and/or fundraising.
• Preparedness to be both highly operational and strategic at the same time.
• Commercial sales or agency experience highly desirable given the responsibility for leading the largest in-house direct fundraising program in WWF Singapore.
• Adaptability in a fast-paced environment when strategies and operations are constantly evolving with needs and donor behaviours.
• Proven track record in driving income growth, preferably in environmental/conservation NGO sector.
• Experience in managing multiple teams to deliver on financial outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience in web strategy and data analytics.
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
• Working knowledge of CRM software will be an added advantage, especially Raiser’s Edge.
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results.
• Internal- Works closely with the Communication, Market Transformation and Conservation teams in coordinating efforts that support donor acquisition and retention. Interacts with WWF colleagues within our global Network as and when required.
• External- Interacts with in-country individual members/donors, as well as corporations, NGOs, academic institutions, and relevant regional organisations.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director of Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.