About the Role
- Position :Full – time position
- Location: Preston
- Salary : $58,000-$69,000
The Family Violence Case Worker provides holistic case management to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children who are experiencing family violence in the Western Melbourne and Brimbank Melton areas. This position will build positive relationships and networks with relevant Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal organisations and services to ensure that appropriate referrals and supports are put in place.
The position will carry an allocated caseload of clients providing short and medium-term outreach and case management support.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Demonstrated understanding of historical and contemporary issues that affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australian society.
- Experience and ability to work with Aboriginal organisations and communities and a proven ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- An awareness of family violence issues and the impacts on women children and families
- The ability to apply a flexible, non-judgmental and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of local family violence programs, accommodation, legal, health and community services within the region – or the ability to acquire that knowledge.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is Sunday 22nd July 2018
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Liz Abdilla on 03 9287 8838
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, email email@example.com
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4210856. Applications close 22 July 2018
Please quote in application: Family Violence Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.