About the Role
- Position :Full – time position
- Location: Preston
- Salary : $58,000-$69,000
The Family Violence Case Worker provides holistic case management to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children who are experiencing family violence in the Western Melbourne and Brimbank Melton areas. This position will build positive relationships and networks with relevant Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal organisations and services to ensure that appropriate referrals and supports are put in place.
The position will carry an allocated caseload of clients providing short and medium-term outreach and case management support.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Demonstrated understanding of historical and contemporary issues that affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australian society.
- Experience and ability to work with Aboriginal organisations and communities and a proven ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- An awareness of family violence issues and the impacts on women children and families
- The ability to apply a flexible, non-judgmental and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of local family violence programs, accommodation, legal, health and community services within the region – or the ability to acquire that knowledge.
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.