About the Role
- Part-time 0.8 EFT, ongoing
- Footscray Better Health Team
Scope as an Employer:
The successful candidate will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, access to professional support and development opportunities, salary packaging which can significantly increase your take home pay and most importantly, job satisfaction!
We’re currently seeking expressions of interest from motivated and enthusiastic Family Violence Counsellors, who have experience providing services to women and children who have been impacted by domestic and family violence. This role provides a crucial response to the psycho-social/mental health needs of cohealth clients in collaboration with other cohealth services, as well as providing support to these women through therapeutic counselling, case management and advocacy.
Ideally you will have a minimum of two years previous experience within a similar position working with women from diverse cultural backgrounds who have been impacted by family violence. Knowledge of support services within the Western suburbs of Melbourne available to women affected by family violence is desirable. You will also hold a degree in social work, and/or counselling or equivalent with eligibility for membership of AASW.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role will include providing;
- Counselling services to women experiencing or who have experienced family violence within a framework that acknowledges the gendered nature of family violence;
- Ethical, flexible, professional goal-directed and client-centred counselling services within a systems approach;
- Casework, referral and advocacy to clients particularly where this would enhance the therapeutic work and/or where other services are not available;
- Group work, outreach, and secondary consultation and participate in projects and evaluation as required; and
- Well established knowledge work with professionals in an inter-professional approach, both internal and external stakeholders to provide a coordinated approach that is based on goal directed care-planning;
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.