About the Role
Overview of Position
The primary function of this role is to develop and implement effective campaigns and strategies to assist members to bring about positive change in their workplaces.
There is a strong emphasis on recruiting members and developing members, delegates and workplace leaders.
The position is focused on meeting key union objectives of:
- helping members achieve fairness at work, job security, and the best possible pay and decent conditions
- being a union that most employees want to join
- promoting our members’ issues in the public and political arena.
Is this you?
- A passion for social justice and community campaigning or experience with progressive organisations or social justice causes
- An ability and confidence to inspire, engage, develop and lead people to take action through positive conversations
- An understanding that your work will always focus on recruitment and retention and growing our Union
- A strong eagerness to work with people from diverse backgrounds to make a difference
The CPSU will provide support and development to the successful applicant.
(required skills, knowledge & ability)
- A commitment to union values and principles, helping others and making a positive contribution to society
- High level verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and organise, build relationships, motivate and develop individuals or groups
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan and organise work and achieve outcomes
- Ability to work semi-autonomously, demonstrate initiative, drive and resilience in a changing environment
- Well developed written communication skills
- Current Drivers License
- Experience working in sales or membership recruitment, with a strong focus on meeting recruitment objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to develop and implement successful sales/recruitment strategies
About the Organisation
Community and Public Sector Union – CPSU (PSU Group)
The CPSU (PSU Group) is one of Australia’s most active and innovative trade unions, with over 55,000 members nationally. CPSU members work in the Australian Public Service, the ACT and NT governments, and a number of community and private sector areas. The CPSU supports a strong, independent public sector and the essential services it provides to the community. We believe every worker deserves dignity and respect, a safe workplace, decent pay and conditions, rights at work and a balanced working life.
As an employer we offer family friendly conditions and leave entitlements, 15.4% superannuation, and access to health and wellbeing initiatives. Our friendly staff are passionate about the work they do and committed to union values, helping others, and making a positive contribution to society. Working with the CPSU means you will work side by side with other union members to make our workplaces and communities fairer.
Conditions of employment:
- flexible work practices and access to accrued days off
- best practice leave provisions for eligible staff including paid primary carer leave (26 weeks) and supporting partner leave (six weeks); and paid family violence leave (20 days (pro rata) per annum (non-cumulative)
- employer super contributions on paid or unpaid parental leave for a period equal to a maximum of 52 weeks
- a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- a strong commitment to training and development
- health and well being initiatives
- salary sacrificing
Position reports to: Team Leader and Lead Organiser
Positions reporting to this position are: Nil
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Field Organisers – Permanent or Fixed Term / Full Time via Pro Bono Australia.