About the Role
- Based in Ashfield – close to public transport
- Contract Until December 2018
- Salary packaging options + RDO
The FutureAbility Project Officer will engage with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities and organisations to encourage participation in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and help disability providers to make them more responsive and accessible to people from CALD backgrounds with disability. This position will require the management and implementation of a number of activities and strategies including coordinating, evaluating and reporting on activities, information sessions, workshops and forums; promoting the activities using a variety of formats and mediums; and developing and maintaining relationships with a key stakeholders. Duties and responsibilities include:
- increase CALD community engagement and participation in the NDIS.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including government and NGOs agencies and networks, and the media.
- co-ordinate multi-level discussions, forums and community education sessions.
- evaluate and report on the project’s activities.
- Carry out administrative duties, incl. minutes, budget and social media.
- Relevant qualifications in social sciences
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the community sector in a capacity building, project management role.
- An understanding of needs and issues affecting people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
- Experience in coordinating community sector events eg forums, seminars, education sessions etc.
- Experience in stakeholder management both internal and external incl. government.
- Strong written and verbal communications with a variety of audiences including people with limited English language skills and from different backgrounds.
- High level admin and computer skills.
- A valid NSW driver’s licence
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com
Applications close date: Friday 6 July 2018
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: FutureAbility Project Officer – FT for 6 months via Pro Bono Australia.