About the Role
- Over 100 years of history supporting the families of our Diggers
- Progressive leadership from the CEO and executive team and a talented supportive staff
- Would also suit candidates with corporate, sponsorship or business development experience
With the support of a talented multi-disciplined team you will be accountable to the CEO for the leadership, strategic development and management of a broad cross section of fundraising, philanthropic & community engagement initiatives. As well as a focus on relationship fundraising and targeting corporates, sponsors and foundations you will also steward new and existing individual donors and prepare and submit grants.
This role will also have responsibility for direct marketing driven donor acquisition and retention including appeals, regular, planned and workplace giving and communications including social, digital & traditional media. The role is also responsible for increasing community awareness of Legacy to complement the fundraising plan.
Performance measures will be based on reaching fundraising targets, growth in partnerships, retained & recurring donors, increased community awareness and media campaigns inclusive of social and digital channels.
You are currently a senior executive within a broad fundraising or business development role and/or a specialist in one of the disciplines including corporate, philanthropy, university advancement, major donors or sponsorship.
Your team management skills are at the corner stone of your successful career. As is your approach in developing multi-channelled relationship marketing, sales, communication and/or fundraising programs that lead to demonstrable profitable partnerships and collaborations.
About the Organisation
Legacy is dedicated to caring for Australian families of veterans who have died or become incapacitated either on service or subsequently. This extends to veterans who have served in war and on peacekeeping and humanitarian missions.
Legacy currently cares for around 65,000 widows or widowers and 1,800 children and disabled dependants through innovative and practical programs aimed at:
- Protecting the basic needs of individuals and families
- Advocating for the entitlements, rights and benefits of individuals and families
- Assisting families to cope with bereavement
- Helping people thrive, despite their adversity and loss
There are over 5,900 volunteers around Australia who act as mentors to the widows and their families and who ensure Legacy’s promise to care for the families of deceased veterans is kept.
Benefits & Culture
- Senior renumeration package plus PBI benefits
- Modern leadership with vision
- Caring and respectful workplace environment
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Fundraising & Communications via Pro Bono Australia.