About the Role
Bible Society Australia is seeking a Head of Media and Communications to be the empowering voice of our great mission of making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford.
This is an amazing career opportunity and rewarding role for a clear and engaging communicator with solid media and communications experience. As part of this exciting organization, you will work across multiple brands with rich variety and scope. This is a full time, 3-year fixed term opportunity.
This role is key in ensuring the reach and reputation of Bible Society Australia is enhanced through the development and execution of effective and engaging communication strategies consistent with our organisational brands: Bible Society, Koorong, Centre for Public Christianity and Eternity News.
While developing and driving effective internal and external communications plans, you will be responsible for coordinating creative content and material, proactively engaging with the media and improving member and supporter communication. This role is crucial in ensuring Bible Society Australia is presented professionally and with excellence at all times. You will work in collaboration with internal Portfolio Managers on key communications and will equip the CEO for media engagements, stakeholder liaisons and other PR activities. Monitoring and reporting on communication strategies and media engagement will also form an important accountability in this role.
• At least 10 years media and communications experience
• Related qualifications preferred (marketing, communications, journalism, public relations)
• Outstanding ability to craft effective communication materials
• A clear understanding of how to tailor communication strategies to reach key target markets
• Proven leadership experience with a focus on goal setting and effective leadership
• Track record in implementing new initiatives with demonstrable results
• Knowledge of social media, new technologies and communication channels
• Understanding of and capacity to work cooperatively with all Christian denominations
• A keen awareness of current issues facing Christians, churches and the wider Australian people
To succeed in this role you must have a strong engagement with Bible Society’s Christian mission, a passion for furthering engagement of all people with the Bible and a desire to join with the Bible Society Australia in sharing the love of Jesus with the world.
Please visit our website to view the Job Description for this role: https://www.biblesociety.org.au/get-involved/
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Media and Communications via Pro Bono Australia.