About the Role
This newly developed position has been created to develop and implement a communications plan to increase the awareness of ADEA, Credentialled Diabetes Educators (CDEs) and the ADEA Diabetes Research Foundation (ADRF) among the media and wider Australian public, especially people affected by diabetes.
The right person for this position will work closely with the Business Development Manager to prioritise the following responsibilities:
1. Cultivate stories to demonstrate the leading position of ADEA, the role of CDE and the importance of research funded by the ADRF
2. Generate media stories through traditional media channels
3. Develop a media list and maintain relationship with key media personnel who understand the leading role of ADEA, ADRF and CDE
4. Develop and implement a social media strategy to engage and increase awareness of CDE among people affected by diabetes.
5. Provide advice about using communications channels across the organisation and it various activities.
About the Organisation
The Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA) is the national peak body representing health care professionals in diabetes education, management and care. We are also the regulatory body for Credentialled Diabetes Educators (CDEs).
The ADEA leads and advocates for best practice in diabetes education and care nationally. We are a national association with our administration office in Canberra. As a member organisation we provide leadership and support for health care professionals who practice within the specialty field of diabetes education and care. The majority of our membership are credentialled diabetes educators. More information can be found at our website www.adea.com.au.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 6287 4822
Email : email@example.com
Please submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages), outlining your experience against the selection criteria together with an up-to-date CV.
Applications close Friday 29 June 2018. Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.