About the Role
The Membership Advisor NSW / ACT drives membership relations for CEDA in Sydney and Canberra, and actively prospects new member opportunities. Suitable for those with a strong customer service focus, the role engages with CEDA members from prospecting to renewal, ensuring the needs of member companies and individual Trustees are met. Working closely with the NSW / ACT Associate Director Membership and Engagement and State Director, the position has direct contact with CEDA’s national and state based members within corporations, government and education.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing the member engagement process for all CEDA memberships and prospects
- Serving as customer service contact and first-line response for members and membership enquiries
- Driving membership renewals, including tracking engagement and event participation
- Identifying sectors with opportunities, managing membership prospecting, responding to new membership enquiries
- Managing membership retention including identifying members at risk, planning relationship engagement meetings, preparing materials
- Maintaining accurate member record keeping using CRM tools
- Reporting to wider team on member news, activity and status.
Ambitious, degree qualified with experience in marketing and business development, you have 1- 3 years business experience and want to take the next career step to grow your skills, knowledge and profile.
You are described by your peers as a ‘confident go-getter, someone whose star is on the rise’. You will want to work for Australia’s most highly regarded membership organisation, have excellent communication skills in writing and via the telephone.
You will be confident in liaising with senior executives and their support staff, proactive and focused in your approach. It goes without saying that you have a strong interest in current affairs and curious about the ‘big issues’ impacting the economic development of Australia.
CEDA is looking for a person who has:
- Customer service skills acquired at a sales or commercial role; experience in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to communicate with strong written and verbal communication skills, and be confident on the phone
- Keen interest in public policy, business and economic and social development
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with CRM or finance systems a plus.
About the Organisation
CEDA – the Committee for Economic Development of Australia – is a national, independent, member-based organisation providing thought leadership and policy perspectives on the economic and social issues affecting Australia. We achieve this through a rigorous and evidence-based research agenda, and forums and events that deliver lively debate and critical perspectives. We achieve this through a rigorous and evidence-based research agenda, and forums and events that deliver lively debate and critical perspectives.
CEDA’s membership includes 750 of Australia’s leading businesses and organisations, and leaders from a wide cross-section of industries and academia. It allows us to reach major decision makers across the private and public sectors.
CEDA is an independent not-for-profit organisation, founded in 1960 by leading Australian economist Sir Douglas Copland. Our funding comes from membership fees, events, research grants and sponsorship.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9652 8419
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
CEDA is committed to being an employer of choice, therefore CEDA provides employees:
- Our commitment to learning and development
- A positive working environment with expert, professional colleagues
- The opportunity to work with Australia’s most highly regarded and respected membership organisation.
If you are what we are looking for, please attach your CV (not more than three pages) and cover letter addressed to Lee Kelly, State Director NSW /ACT expressing your interest in and suitability for the role (not more than two pages) and send it to email@example.com. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Closing date for all applications will be on Monday, 18 June 2018.
Let us know why you would like to be part of CEDA. Due to the volume of applications we are receiving, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Please be reminded that all personal information collected during the selection process will only be used for recruitment and employment purposes.
Please quote in application: Membership Advisor (Development & Engagement) via Pro Bono Australia.