About the Role
Due to board renewal, THC is seeking two Directors including the Chair, to join an experienced and active board as we continue to evolve and grow in the new NDIS landscape.
Non Executive Directors
As a Non-Executive Director you would be expected to;
– Align with the mission, vision, and values of THC
– Have the time to commit to Board meetings (6-8 per year) and other relevant activities
– Be accountable to THC customers, staff and other stakeholders for the effectiveness, integrity and viability of the organisation
– Have an understanding of governance roles and responsibilities
– Have good communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to operate within a collaborative team environment.
In addition to the skills and attributes of a director, the Chair must also have experience in, and the personal attributes to effectively undertake usual Chair functions including:
– chairing board meetings;
– developing a constructive relationship with the CEO;
– successfully managing board succession planning and board performance; and
– representing the company.
We are seeking individuals with skills and experience across the following areas:
– Social or community housing
– Not-for-profit, ideally in the area of disability or human services
– Government policy (human services)
– Audit and risk
– Governance, preferably prior experience as a non executive director
About the Organisation
The Housing Connection (THC) supports people with intellectual and other disabilities to live valued and rewarding lives in the homes and communities of their choice. THC is well regarded for its innovative supports tailored to each person to support them in achieving exceptional outcomes. Our primary goal is to assist individuals to develop the skills to live as independently and fully as possible in the community, and to develop social networks so they can participate meaningfully in their community.
The organisation is a not-for-profit, company limited by guarantee.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0419429085
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Michele Goldman on 0419-429-085. To submit an application, please send your CV with a cover letter addressing key criteria and why you are interested in the role to email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Non Executive Director Roles, including the Chair (voluntary) via Pro Bono Australia.