About the Role
The Brain Cancer Group ( T B C G ) is a not for profit organisation administered by a Board of Directors and is focused on improving patient outcomes across the spectrum – from patient care, to working towards finding a cure for this devastating disease. TBCG takes a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach to deliver impactful programs, making a difference in the lives of those affected by brain cancer.
Position Title: Operations, Communications & Administrative Assistant
Structure: Permanent Part-Time (Flexible ~ 20 hrs week)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer of The Brain Cancer Group
Position Summary: Works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to manage operational aspects of a lean Brain Cancer focused Not-for-Profit. Role to include stakeholder / donor engagement, brand / social media management, management of budgets associated with delivery programs, supporting events and helping facilitate collaboration.
Experience: This is an impactful role within a > 17 year established not for profit. It would suit an experienced Executive Assistant / Office Manager or someone who has worked in the corporate sector and who wants to develop a broad skill set whilst making a difference in the lives of those affected by brain cancer.
Qualifications/ Key Selection Criteria
– Appropriate office administration/executive assistant experience
– Commitment to and willingness to work within TBCG Mission, Vision and
– Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
– A high level of IT/computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Exercise appropriate and relevant judgement and initiative
– Initiative and self-motivation with a strong attention to detail
– Apply knowledge and skills independently
– Certificate Administration and/or Business or higher
– Experience working within Health/Not-for-Profit
– Skills and knowledge of marketing, communications, quality management
– Media relations experience
– Event organisation management experience
Key Performance Criteria
– Ensures administrative processes are optimised and efficient
– Establish processes for monitoring relevant social networks, websites and
updating posts,link organisation with media and public
– Builds on,and establishes strong relationships with key stakeholders
– Increase the awareness and enhances the image of the Group through various
– Coordinate on line fundraising pages through platforms such as
“EverydayHero” and Paypal
– Coordinates with Group Marketing the production of all web, print and
audio-visual promotional material
– Develop processes for supporter and Group fundraising events
Applications close 20th June 2018
About the Organisation
The Brain Cancer Group (TBCG) is a not for profit organisation administered by a Board of Directors and is focused on improving patient outcomes across the spectrum – from patient care, to working towards finding a cure for this devastating disease. TBCG takes a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach to deliver impactful programs, making a difference in the lives of those affected by brain cancer.
Apply for this Job
Email : email@example.com
Apply in writing directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Operations, Communications & Administrative Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.