About the Role
- Lead and inspire a team dedicated to delivering person centred active support
- Service streams include accommodation, respite and hubs
- Located in the Blue Mountains, working Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Currently experiencing growth, Civic is looking for a part time team leader to work with their valued clients. The position is responsible for the provision of services within programs including accommodation, respite and hubs for children and young people. This position provides direct on the floor PCAS support to clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with vulnerable clients and advocating on their behalf
- Assess, coach and mentor support workers to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery
- Review team performance to ensure clients access opportunities and engage in meaningful activity
- Generate regular reports and manage work load and rosters in the homes
- Oversee support worker recruitment, induction and orientation
- Participate and contribute to regular leadership meetings and training
Ideally you have leadership experience in disability services. Otherwise you have proven abilities managing escalated situations, including supporting vulnerable people in crisis. You’re also able to inspire and lead high performing diverse teams and have the following skills and experience:
- Leadership experience working in challenging communities
- An ability to deliver a therapeutic model of care
- High level engagement and relationship building skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in disability or related discipline
- Monitoring expenses, reporting and general administrative duties
You must hold a current Australian driver’s license and have access to a fully comprehensively insured vehicle and be able to successfully complete a police check and working with children check. There may be some out of hours and weekend work required.
About the Organisation
Civic has provided services to people with intellectual disability and/or mental health conditions and are currently celebrating their 60 year anniversary. Founded in the 1950s by a group of parents caring for their children with disability in the Sutherland Shire, the organisation now provides whole-of-life services in many NSW locations, while remaining true to the values that inspired its creation.
Staff provide Person Centred Active Support (PCAS) to enable individuals to reach their full potential, achieve their goals and participate in the community. Today, more than 500 adults, children and young people in Sydney and regional areas receive vital services from Civic.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging available
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Working 3 days per week initially
- Training and development opportunities
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Part time Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.