About the Role
As the Policy and Strategy Manager, you will provide leadership to AHCWA and the ACCHO sector in relation to National and State level policies that will have an effect and impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people and Aboriginal communities in WA.
Leading the Policy, Advocacy and Strategy team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Be the initial point of contact for all policy related questions and input from WA Member ACCHSs
- Provide the AHCWA Executive/Board with sound policy advice and support
- Monitor National and State Government Health Policies ensuring that the views of the ACCHS sector in WA are represented at various levels of policy debate and discussion
- Contribute to the planning, development and implementation of Aboriginal Health policies and programs at a State wide level
- Actively participate and contribute to the NACCHO Policy Network
- Develop and strengthen key strategic alliances, partnerships, networks and other collaborations between AHCWA and appropriate stakeholders, to support the overall goals of AHCWA and its members
- Support the WA ACCHS’s CEO Expert Advisory Committee’s work agenda
To be successful for this position you will have a tertiary qualification or relevant experience in community development, public health, social science, publilc policy etc as well as considerable skills and experience in the formulation, analysis and evaluation of policy.
You will also have demonstrated experience in leadership and staff management including managing staff responsible for varied deliverables across a number of programs, an understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal people in urban, regional and remote communities and strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
Most importantly, you must be able to effectively communicate, promote and uphold AHCWA’s initiatives and values. Our values underpin how we conduct business. These are embedded in all roles and when applying, applicants must evidence how their skills and expertise match their ability to work in a way that reflects our values. AHCWA’s values are: culture, resilience, accountability, collaboration, passion and integrity.
About the Benefits
$83,207 – 99,849 + superannuation + salary sacrifice
In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Mobile phone allowance
- Support to further invest in your career through additional professional development
- Study leave options
- Annual leave loading
- Bring your dog to work day
- Employee assistance program
- Up to 2 days volunteer leave per year
About the Organisation
The Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia (AHCWA) is the peak body for Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) in Western Australia. We exist to support and act on behalf of our 22 Member ACCHSs throughout WA, actively responding to the individual and collective needs of our Members.
Governed by an Aboriginal Board of Directors who represent all regions in Western Australia, AHCWA aims to promote and strengthen the ACCHSs’ model of care. A model that is built around the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and culturally secure primary health care services.
Apply for this Job
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 5pm, 16 July 2018
For further information about this position please call Sarah Calder on 08 6145 1049 or email email@example.com
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) AHCWA seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the different needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees.
Please quote in application: Policy & Strategy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.