About the Role
- Great Salary Packaging
- Salary Sacrifice plus
- Great team to work with
- Location – Preston
We have an exciting new role that has come through for a Out of Home Care Lead Practitioner !!
About the role
This senior role is responsible for leading practice development for OOHC teams across VACCA; representing VACCA at external relevant OOHC forums, overseeing quality assurance of VACCA’s current and future OOHC programs, and championing a centralised body of best practice for OOHC programs across VACCA.
- Lead practice development initiatives for OOHC staff and
- Lead development and maintenance of practice standards across VACCA
- In conjunction with the Principal Practitioner/s develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders including government, community, partner agencies to ensure best outcomes
- Develop appropriate linkages with other OOHC services including Aboriginal specific services
- Provide technical input and advice into current and new OOHC service delivery model development, tenders and submissions
- Contribute to the development of customised program resources such as program manuals, practice and data collection tools to support client services to deliver programs
- Contribute to the design, development and facilitation of customised OOHC training and professional development programs to ensure consistent quality service delivery to clients
- Assist in the development of quality assurance and quality improvement frameworks for OOHC programs across VACCA
To be successful in your application the following is required:
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, family therapy or a related discipline
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and develop strategies for program development in OOHC programs through ongoing provision of training, supervision, coaching and support of staff.
- Capability to develop, manage and lead a team in quality practice
- Understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal culture and value and the importance of identity, and cultural connections in the healing process for Aboriginal children and families.
- Experience in delivering OOHC services including those for Aboriginal children.
- Substantial and relevant experience working across Child and Family Welfare Services and the Aboriginal sector.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in team management, inspirational leadership and the capacity to lead and develop new initiatives.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Practice Leader – Out of Home Care via Pro Bono Australia.